Pioneer's Entertainment-Packed Models Kick Off New Line of 2017 Multimedia Audio Visual Receivers
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today introduced three new A/V receivers and one digital media receiver to enhance in-vehicle connectivity and entertainment.
- Bluetooth® Wireless Connectivity – The AVH-291BT, AVH-290BT, and MVH-AV290BT feature built-in Bluetooth1 wireless capability for convenient hands-free calling as well as music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. The Bluetooth models also feature Bluetooth Dual Device Connection for connection of two smartphone devices at the same time. The feature enables a call to be picked up by either of the paired phones, eliminating the need to pair and unpair devices
- HFP 1.6 Wideband Speech – Hands Free Profile (HFP) 1.6 significantly increases the frequency bandwidth dedicated to voice calling (now 50Hz - 7kHz) and doubles the sampling frequency (now 16kHz) to produce significantly better sound quality for wireless conversations. Both the caller and call recipient experience clearer and more distinct sound.
- Music Library Browsing over Bluetooth (AVRCP 1.5) – Users can now search album content over a wireless connection. iPhone® devices can use Bluetooth to search through playlists, artists, songs, and genres. For Android® smartphones enabled with Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), users can browse through media folders via folder type. The smartphone device must be compatible with AVRCP 1.4 profile or newer to access Bluetooth Audio Browsing.
- USB Audio/Video Connectivity – When connected to an iPhone, iPod®, portable USB drive or compatible Android device via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display track, artist and album information for music playback. Android devices must run OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer with Android Media Transfer Protocol.
- Clear Resistive Touchscreen – provides brighter, more vibrant colors and increased touch sensitivity, making it more responsive than traditional resistive touch panels
- High power MOSFET 50W X 4 internal amplifier
- Back up camera ready – compatible with many original equipment (OE) and most aftermarket universal rear-view cameras, including Pioneer’s ND-BC8 rear-view camera (sold separately)
- DVD Player – DVD and CD playback on the AVH-291BT, AVH-290BT and AVH-190DVD
- Customize Colors – Three color illumination display options to match the vehicle’s interior lighting
Pioneer’s multimedia A/V and digital media receivers will be available at the end of October with suggested retail prices of: $250 (AVH-291BT), $240 (AVH-290BT), $200 (AVH-190DVD) and $200 (MVH-AV290BT).
For more information on all of the new products visit http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car
For more information follow us on:
Twitter at twitter.com/PioneerUSA
Facebook at facebook.com/PioneerNorthAmerica
YouTube at youtube.com/pioneerelectronics
Instagram at instagram.com/pioneercaraudio
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., is a preeminent manufacturer of leading-edge technology solutions for the mobile electronics aftermarket. Its affiliate Pioneer Automotive Technologies, Inc. (PAT) is a key supplier for Tier 1 automotive entertainment systems and components to vehicle manufactures. Pioneer is focused on creating the ultimate in-car entertainment experience with high performance audio and video components, as well as connectivity with today’s smart devices. Building off of more than 75 years of electronics experience, Pioneer has expanded into the cycle sports industry, designing world-class power meters and cycle computers for professional athletes and cycling enthusiasts.
Read all safety instructions in the product documentation before use. Distracted driving can result in serious injury, or death. Only use a function when it is safe and legal in your location, pay attention to the road and your surroundings, and obey all traffic rules.
1Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
PIONEER is a registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
IPHONE and IPOD are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
ANDROID is a registered trademark of Google Inc.