6x Slot Loading Portable USB 3.1 Gen1(3.0) BD/DVD/CD Burner. Supports BDXL™ And M-Disc™ Format. USB Bus Powered
- Long-term data protection with M-DISC™
- USB 3.1 Gen1(3.0)
- Equipped with USB Type-C connector
- Slot Loading Mechanism
- Auto Quiet, PowerRead™, and PureRead 4+ features
- Up to 6x writing speed on BD-R & BD-R DL media
- Supports BDXL, Blu-ray, DVD, and CD media
- Windows® 11 / macOS Monterey® 12 / macOS Ventura® 13 / macOS Sonoma® 14 Compatible
- Important notice about macOS Catalina Support on PC Drives: https://pioneer.jp/support/download/index-e.html
- Important notice: Pioneer optical drives are not recognized by macOS Ventura 13.2, released by Apple on January 23, 2023.
This can be resolved by updating to macOS Ventura 13.2.1, released on February 13, or a newer version.
The BDR-XS07S slim slot portable USB 3.1 Gen1(3.0) BD/DVD/CD burner is the next generation Blu-ray Disc burner from Pioneer. The BDR-XS07S has a smooth slot loading mechanism that both dependable dustproof and excellent quietness have been realized. The drive supports BDXL and M-DISC format and can read and write to all BDXL discs1 including BD-R triple-layer 100GB media, BD-R quad-layer 128GB media, and BD-RE triple layer 100GB media, as well as conventional Blu-ray discs (single-layer 25GB media and dual-layer 50GB media) (※Application software is not included.). The portable device, measuring only 135mm (W) X 135mm (D) X 18.0mm (H) and weighing a mere 280g, also has the ability to be powered directly via USB (no AC adaptor required).
With BDXL and M-DISC support, you can now back up your files with fewer discs than ever before, and since the drive is portable and USB bus powered, all of this can be done virtually anywhere.
The BDR-XS07S can write up to 6x2 on BD-R and BD-R dual-layer (DL) media. One BD-R DL disc can hold the same amount of data as 10 DVDs (single-layer). One QL disc can hold the same amount of data as 27 DVDs (single-layer). The drive is also backward compatible to read and write to most DVD and CD recordable media. Click on the "Specifications" tab to see all supported media formats and the read and write/burn speeds achievable for each format.
The BDR-XS07S also has unique features such as PowerRead™³, Auto Quiet mode, and PureRead4+⁴. PowerRead can provide smoother movie playback when a disc has fingerprints or minor surface scratches. Auto Quiet mode intelligently adjusts the disc rotation speed to reduce noise (useful while watching movies or listening to music), and PureRead automatically adjusts the drive parameters to minimize sound glitches during music playback. Auto Quiet mode and PureRead can be configured as well as enabled and disabled with the Pioneer BDR-XS07S Drive Utility.
Long-term data protection with M-DISC™ Support
Support reading and writing M-DISC™(DVD, BD: SL25GB/DL50GB/TL100GB) introduced by Millenniata, Inc.
Equipped with USB Type-C connector
From XS07 series, the drive has USB Type-C connector. USB Type-C Cable (USB Standard A→USB Type-C) included.
*Unable to connect to PC equipped with only USB Type-C.
Slot loading mechanism
Both dependable dustproof and excellent quietness have been realized with original slot loading mechanism.
“PureRead 4+” that faithfully reads audio CDs
Scratches and fingerprints on your CDs can cause them to skip. A drive normally makes a calculated guess at the unreadable data and attempts to correct this to match the original music. However, this is not 100% accurate. PureRead3+, when enabled, makes the drive reread the obscured data to extract the original music as accurately as possible.
Store more data
Up to 156% more data storage capacity than a 50GB Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc. The BDXL™ format supports BDXL Blu-ray media (including 128GB Quadruple Layer (QL)¹ and 100GB Triple Layer (TL)¹ Blu-ray Disc™).
Up to 6x2 writing on BD-R single-layer discs & BD-R DL discs. 4x writing on BD-R triple-layer discs.
An eco-friendly drive
Smaller packaging- saves resources and fuel transportation. Reduced power consumption on external USB drives which allows for eco-friendly USB bus-powered drives.
Smooth movie playback
Scratches, fingerprints and other abnormalities on the surface of a disc can sometimes cause Blu-ray and DVD movie playback to stop. When a PowerRead enabled drive is not able to read through obstructed areas of a disc, it will attempt to move forward quickly to the next available data point, resulting in smoother Blu-ray and DVD movie playback3.
A smarter drive
Pioneer drives with Auto Quiet mode, monitor how they are being used and adjust their speed automatically – high speed for data transfer, and low speed for music or movie playback.
Wide blank media support
Pioneer strives to have best-in-class performance over a wide range of media – our drives achieve this for a large variety of BD and DVD media. Refer to the drive’s media support list for all supported media and the write speed that can be achieved.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Computer drive - BDR-XS07S
- USB Cable (USB Standard A to USB Type-C 35cm)
- Instruction manual
- Warranty card
Minimum System Requirements - write/read BD/DVD/CD
- Windows7™, Windows8™, Windows8.1™, Windows10™, Windows11™, Mac OS X 10.11, macOS Sierra 10.12, macOS High Sierra 10.13, macOS Mojave 10.14, macOS Catalina 10.15, macOS Big Sur 11.0, macOS Monterey 12.0, macOS Ventura 13, macOS Sonoma 14
- 1 Available USB 3.1 Gen1(3.0)/2.0 port
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6750 (2.66MHz), AMD® Phenom 9450 (2.1GHz) or faster
- Intel G45, NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT, AMD Radeon® HD2600 or faster
- HDCP compliant display required for Blu-ray playback, 1024 x 768 minimum display resolution
- 2GB RAM required for Blu-ray playback, 3GB RAM or greater recommended for editing HD video
- 5GB available space minimum, 128GB or more available space required for creating quad-layer Blu-ray Discs
- BD-R (Single/Dual/Triple/Quadruple layer), BD-RE (Single/Dual/Triple layer), M-DISC (Single/Dual/Triple layer)
- DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, High speed DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, M-DISC(DVD)
- CD-R, CD-RW, HS CD-RW, US CD-RW, US+CD-RW
- BD-ROM (Single/Dual layer), BD-R (Single/Dual/Triple/Quadruple layer), BD-RE (Single/Dual/Triple layer) M-DISC (Single/Dual/Triple layer)
- DVD-ROM (Single/Dual layer), DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, M-DISC(DVD)
- CD-ROM (Mode 1&2), CD-ROM XA, Photo CD(Single/Multi-session), Video CD, CD-DA⁸, CD-Extra, CD-R, CD-RW
- USB 3.1 Gen1(3.0)/2.0
Maximum Write Speed (BD)
Maximum Write Speed (DVD)
Maximum Write Speed (CD)
Maximum Read Speed (BD)
Maximum Read Speed (DVD)
Maximum Read Speed (CD)
- 4 MB
- 135 mm x 135 mm x 18.0mm (W x D x H)
- 280 g
Supported media list can be found at Pioneer official website.https://pioneer.jp/device_e/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00003r_e.html
When using a USB 2.0 port, BD writing/reading speed doesn’t achieve 6x.
1Triple and quadruple layer BDXL discs can only be used in BDXL drives.
26x BD-R single-layer discs & BD-R DL discs write speed achieved using certain media. Refer to the “Supported media list”.
3PowerRead is not guaranteed to work with all disc conditions or under all PC environments.
4PureRead4+ is not guaranteed to work with all disc conditions or under all PC environments.
5HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) display device is required only for playback of high-definition copy protected content (for example, a Hollywood Blu-ray title). For such content, the connection between the PC and the display device must be made using a digital DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable.
6Support for writing DVD-R Version 2.0 For General. Unable to write DVD-R for Authoring 3.95GB and 4.7GB
7 Compatible with DVD-RAM Version 2.0/2.1/2.2 without cartridge. Unable to write RAM2 format disc.
8 New Maxi Disc cannot be read.
Note: Auto Quiet mode, PureRead3+ and Peak Power Reducer can be configured as well as enabled and disabled with the Pioneer BDR-XS07S Drive Utility. The utility will be provided on the Pioneer Web site http://pioneer.jp/device_e/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00001r_e.html
Pioneer and the Pioneer logo are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
M-DISC is a trademark of Millenniata, Inc
Intel and Core are trademarks Intel Corporation, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
AMD and Radeon are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
BLU-RAY DISC, the Blu-ray Disc logo and the Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc logo are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
CyberLink, CyberLink PowerDVD, CyberLink Power2Go, CyberLink PowerDirector, CyberLink Instant Burn, CyberLink Label Print and CyberLink Photo Director are trademarks or registered trademarks of CyberL0ink Corporation. PowerRead is a registered trademark of Buffalo Technology (USA), Inc.
SERIAL ATA and its Design Mark are trademarks of Serial ATA International Organization.
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Mac, OS X El Capitan, macOS, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina, macOS Big Sur, macOS Monterey, macOS Ventura and macOS Sonoma are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
NVIDIA and GeForce are registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation.
All other product and brand names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks to their respective companies.